Need to get organized? Want to win back some time in your morning? Are you working with tiny storage?
Creating A Capsule Wardrobe
Tiny closet living, a minimalist lifestyle, or a busy jet-setter means a capsule wardrobe is your best friend. Put the work in now and eliminate some of that morning stress for the next three months! Let us help you find the perfect pieces to complete your summer capsule wardrobe.
On a personal note, I’m downsizing into a cute coastal cottage and the closet is a glorified cupboard. With adorable historical charm comes lack of storage. So in my case it’s a new challenge that I am looking at as a necessity. This is what inspired this blog along with some capsule wardrobe queens that shared their skills with me in the boutique.
What is a Capsule Wardrobe?
A true capsule wardrobe is built of 25-50 pieces (including shoes, bags and accessories!) that are versatile enough to mix and match into outfits to keep you looking fabulous for 3 months before switching it up. Here at Bliss we love a statement piece so our capsule is bound to have a boutique flair.
Advantages and Disadvantages
Let’s be real. There are advantages and disadvantages to this method. Let’s explore those a little bit to see if a capsule wardrobe is for you. Or maybe there is some value in creating your own version of a paired down wardrobe but adapt it to fit your lifestyle. In fashion sometimes rules are made to be broken!
- Laundry - This is a necessary evil with or without a capsule wardrobe however limited items will mean more frequent washes. Having fewer items though tends to mean you take better care of them.
- Takes Time To Perfect - This is a lifestyle change that requires maintenance. This will take time to build these skills.
- Could Get Boring - You really have to get creative mixing up all your items.
- Time Saver - Time is precious and this is always a priority!
- Less Stress Getting Dressed - This is the era of self care. What is less stress in your life worth to you? I rest my case.
- Everything is Special and Essential (No Room for Meh) - Being a maximalist means it's in my nature to collect treasures. This may seem like a conflict of interest with making a capsule wardrobe. To the contrary, I feel like it's creating a special gallery featuring items that are most valuable to me. When buying less, I can invest more in quality pieces that need to last the test of wearing more than once a week. Plus in three months I get to curate a new gallery!
- Packing is EASY - Summer for many means it's time to pack your bags. You'll find there is extra space in your bag for picking up a souvenir or gifts to bring home to loved ones because packing is a breeze!
Bliss Boutique: 2022 Summer Capsule Wardrobe Check out how our stylists turn a few items into endless outfits.
Step 1: Identify your lifestyle you will have in the next few months. May, June, and July is a time for traveling and lots of outdoor adventures! Activity level is at an all time high and so are celebrations that require a touch of glam.
Step 2: Clear out the items you know you will not need. This editing process will be easier since you already took the time to identify what you’ll need for the next few months. This is also a good time to assess if you have too many of one thing that serves the same purpose taking up space. Store anything out of season!
Step 3: Invest in any essential pieces you’re missing.
Step 4: This is the part that can make your wardrobe do the most for you. Accessories! Never underestimate the finishing touches. Dressing an item up or down comes down to styling your accessories. The best part is they don't take up much space either!
I would love to hear from you! Do you have a capsule wardrobe? What is the wardrobe warrior in your closet that you wear the most?
Be Empowered by Spring and Reinvigorate Your Senses!
Hey Bliss Babes! Spring is here and we are welcoming this new season with opened hearts and arms! There is something special about a new season, especially Spring, flowers are... Read More